Free anniversary issue of the PDJ
Register here for your free print copy of the anniversary issue of the Primary Dental Journal, our quarterly, peer-reviewed member publication
Featuring clinical articles, editorials and updates from the College, the Primary Dental Journal is a leading resource for General Dental Practitioners and Dental Care Professionals working in primary care, and has as its Clinical Editor and Editor-in-Chief Igor Blum, Clinical Professor of Primary Dental Care & Advanced General Dental Practice at King’s College London.
Unique in its dedication to general dental practice, its general issues include a range of papers on a variety of topics of interest and relevance to the primary care dental team, and its themed issues explore subjects in depth and are guest edited by a renowned expert in their field.
The Summer 2022 General Issue marks the anniversary of the launch of the College, and to commemorate this milestone, the College is offering dental professionals a free print copy, worth £36.
The offer is available to all dental professionals and dental students, throughout the UK and beyond, including those who have previously received a promotional issue of PDJ through either their membership of one of the College’s partner organisations or their subscription to the College’s free monthly newsletter.
In addition to celebrating progress made in the College’s first full year of operation, articles in the anniversary issue include:
- Medical Device Regulations and custom-made device documentation: ten frequently asked questions and their answers by James IJ Green DipSci (Den Tech), HNCSci (Den Tech), LBIDST, FOTA, MDTA
- Occlusion on a single implant-supported crown: any differences? by Ziad Al-Ani BDS MSc PhD MFDS RCS (Ed) FHEA and Hassan Maghaireh BDS, MSc Dental implants (Manchester)
- Health and wellbeing of clinical dental care professionals: a systematic review by Layan Kaki MSc, BSc; Sukriti KC MPH, BSc(Hons) Psych., RDN; and Jennifer E. Gallagher MBE, PhD, MSc, BDS, DDPH, DTMM, FDSRCSEng, FHEA
- A large lipoma of the tongue: a case report by Adam Shathur BDS(Hons) MFDS PGCertMedEd(Merit); Arif Rashid MBBS BDS(Hons) MJDF MRCS (Eng); Vishal Patel BDS MJDF; Lorrette Ffolkes MRCP FRCPath DipRCPath; and Rahul Jayaram MBBS BDS(Hons) MFDSRCS MDS(OMFS) FRCS(OMFS)
- A modified Newton classification for denture stomatitis by Karin Hermana Neppelenbroek DDS, MSc, PhD; Andréa Lemos Falcão Procópio DDS, MSc, PhD; Anna Clara Gurgel Gomes DDS, MSc; Carolina Yoshi Campos Sugio DDS, MSc; Amanda Aparecida Maia Neves Garcia DDS; Vinicius Carvalho Porto DDS, MSc, PhD; and Vanessa Migliorini Urban DDS, MSc, PhD
- Moving from analogue to digital workflows in dentistry: understanding undermilling and overmilling as detrimental factors in fabricating CAD/CAM crowns by Ilser Turkyilmaz DMD, PhD; Gregory Neil Wilkins MBA; and Sarah Yun
- Dentistry where there is no dentist: a retrospective analysis of urgent dental care reported through the British Antarctic Survey Medical Unit (BASMU), 2015–2020 by Ewen McColl BSc (Hons), BDS, MFDS, FDS RCPS, MCGDent, MRD RCS Ed, MClinDent, FDS RCS (Rest Dent), FHEA, FDTF (Ed); Rob Witton MPH, BDS, DPDS, MFDSRCS (Eng), FDS (DPH), RCS (Eng), MCGDent, CertPerio, FDTF (Ed), FHEA; Tanya Lommerse BDS, MFDS RCS Ed; and Matt Warner BSc (Hons) MB BS FRCEM Dip IMC Dip RTM
- Book review: A practical approach to operative dentistry (Gordon B Gray and Alaa H Daud) by R Graham Chadwick BDS, PhD, FDSRCPS, FDS (Rest Dent) RCPS, FHEA
Complete the form below by Sunday 29 May 2022 to receive your free copy.
Your free issue should arrive by around mid-July*. Forthcoming issues for 2022/23 include Oral Surgery, Digital Dentistry, the Spring 2023 General Issue, Aesthetic Dentistry and Dental Trauma, and those wishing to receive these can either subscribe to the PDJ or join the College.
An annual print subscription, normally costing £111, is included with membership of the College of General Dentistry. Membership is available from £94 for dentists and £33 for all other registered dental professionals, and also includes online access to the PDJ Archive of over 1,300 articles, and a range of other benefits.
Sign up for the College Newsletter to keep up to date with our news, events, guidance and offers.
* Subject to availability; you will be sent a subsequent issue if stocks run out