What category of membership should I apply for?
When you apply, we will ask you to set out details of the qualifications or other requirements, and to supply appropriate evidence. Eligibility requirements will develop in the coming months, as our Career Pathways programme informs the structure of the College.
We offer concessionary rates in various circumstances, including those practising overseas and those retired from practice: see our membership fee structure for more information.
We plan to establish Faculties in the College in the year ahead, providing their own membership structure to recognise achievement and progression in each role within the dental team. There will not be a separate fee for Faculty membership.
“Relevant dental subject” is defined by the Council of the College, and guidance will be issued.
||Registration with GDC or equivalent authority, or BDS or LDS qualification (or equivalent, as deemed by the College Council).|
||MCGDent||As for Associate Member, plus
– Postgraduate Certificate in a relevant dental subject, or
– MJDF/MFDS/MFGDP(UK), or
– Diploma in General Dental Practice (DGDP).
||AssocFCGDent|| As for Associate Member, plus
– Postgraduate Diploma or Masters level qualification in a relevant dental subject, or
– Membership in General Dental Surgery (MGDS) of a UK Faculty, or
– Specialty Membership of a UK Faculty.
||FCGDent||As for Associate Member, plus
– Submission of application, setting out evidence of professional achievement in accordance with published criteria (not yet published), or
– Fellowship of one of the following: UK Royal Colleges or their Faculties with dentistry specialism, the American College of Dentistry, the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgery or the America Academy of Implant Dentistry (other equivalent bodies will be determined by the College Council over time), or
– Conferral of Honorary Fellowship by the College or FGDP (practitioner only).
College of General Dentistry (CGDent), Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX
Company Registration No. 2586636 | Registered Charity No. 1002769