What category of membership should I apply for?
When you apply, we will ask you to set out details of the qualifications or other requirements, and to supply appropriate evidence. Eligibility requirements will develop in the coming months, as our Career Pathways programme informs the structure of the College.
We offer concessionary rates in various circumstances, including those practising overseas and those retired from practice: see our membership fee structure for more information.
We plan to establish Faculties in the College in the year ahead, providing their own membership structure to recognise achievement and progression in each role within the dental team. There will not be a separate fee for Faculty membership.
“Relevant dental subject” and “subject relevant to the enhancement of oral healthcare” are interpreted at the discretion of the Council of the College, and the College reserves the right to determine applications on a case by case basis.
||Registration with GDC or equivalent overseas authority (evidence will be required for overseas registrants).
Non-practising, non-registrants or former registrants (eg academics, retired practitioners) will require evidence of the relevant practice qualification for their role.
||MCGDent||As for Associate Member, plus
– Postgraduate Certificate* in a relevant dental subject or subject relevant to the enhancement of oral healthcare, or
– MJDF/MFDS/MFGDP(UK), or
– Diploma in General Dental Practice (DGDP).
Evidence will be required.
||AssocFCGDent|| As for Associate Member, plus
– Postgraduate Diploma* or Masters* level qualification in a relevant dental subject or subject relevant to the enhancement of oral healthcare, or
– Diploma in Implant Dentistry of FDSRCS(Ed) or FGDP(UK)
– FGDP(UK) Diploma in Restorative Dentistry or Primary Care Oral Surgery
– Membership in General Dental Surgery (MGDS) of a UK Faculty, or
– Specialty Membership of a UK Faculty.
Evidence will be required.
||FCGDent||As for Associate Member, plus
– Applicants should consult the page on admission to Fellowship.
||(N/A)||No requirements. Affiliate Members enjoy a more restricted selection of the benefits of membership. Open to practice managers, other non-clinical members of the dental team, and those with a general interest in dentistry.|
* Eligibility of postgraduate qualifications is assessed against the Framework for Level 7 Higher Education Qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. A Postgraduate Certificate must equate at least to 60 credits in the Framework, a Postgraduate Diploma to 120 credits, and a Masters to 180 credits. We may require evidence of your award transcript, not just your award certificate, to confirm your eligibility for the membership for which you have applied.