What category of membership should I apply for? This page sets out our requirements.
When you apply, we will ask you to set out details of qualifications or other requirements, and to supply appropriate evidence. Eligibility requirements will develop in the coming months, as our Career Pathways programme informs the structure of the College.
We offer concessionary rates in various circumstances, including those practising overseas and those retired from practice: see our membership fee structure for more information.
We plan to establish Faculties in the College in the year ahead, providing their own membership structure to recognise achievement and progression in each role within the dental team. There will not be a separate fee for Faculty membership.
“Relevant dental subject” is defined by the Council of the College, and guidance will be issued.
|Associate Member||Registration with GDC or equivalent authority, or |
BDS or LDS qualification (or equivalent, as deemed by the College Council).
|Full Member||As for Associate Member, plus|
– Postgraduate Certificate in a relevant dental subject, or
– MJDF/MFDS/MFGDP(UK), or
– Diploma in General Dental Practice (DGDP).
|Associate Fellow||As for Associate Member, plus|
– Postgraduate Diploma or Masters level qualification in a relevant dental subject, or
– Membership in General Dental Surgery (MGDS) of a UK Faculty, or
– Specialty Membership of a UK Faculty.
|Fellow||As for Associate Member, plus|
– Details for applying for Fellowship can be found on the Admission to Fellowship page.