An introduction to research for primary dental care clinicians
An introduction to research for primary dental care clinicians is a series of nine papers, first published in 2010, which introduce readers to the basic principles of research methodology, discuss the relevance of research to primary dental care, and provide an overview of the different stages in a research project.
- An Assessment of the Perceived Benefits and Challenges of Participating in a Practice-Based Research Network by FA Curro, VP Thompson, A Grill, RG Craig, MB Botello-Harbaum, AG Matthews, D Collie (October 2012)
- Book Review: Statistical and Methodological Aspects of Oral Health Research by Kenneth Eaton (July 2010)
- Informing Research in Primary Dental Care: Setting Priorities by Nikolaus OA Palmer, Paul Batchelor (July 2006)
- An Investigation into Merseyside General Dental Practitioners’ Interest in Primary Care Research, Their Views on Research and Their Training Needs by Nikolaus OA Palmer, Brian Grieveson (October 2005)
- Ethnic Classification in Primary Dental Care and Dental Health Services Research: Time to Pause for Thought by David J Buck, Shumalia Malik, Natalie Murphy, Vimal Patel, Seepaul Singh, Badrul Syed, Nikita Vora (April 2001)
Non-members who wish to read one of these papers, or other Primary Dental Journal articles, have the option to join the College from £94 for dentists and £33 for other dental professionals or subscribe to the PDJ.
Related events, news & blogs
The NIHR School for Primary Care Research (SPCR) is currently inviting applications for their annual Primary Care Clinician Career Progression Fellowships, which this year are…
The Primary Dental Journal Archive is now up and running, with access for CGDent members fully established. The Primary Dental Journal (PDJ) is the College…
Researchers at Newcastle University are studying the prevalence of medical emergency events in primary dental care, and the confidence of the dental team in managing…