9 August 2020
11.00am -12.30pm (British Summer Time), Sunday 9 August 2020
The recent COVID-19 pandemic has caused dental practices across the world to close for several months. As practices now start to re-open, dentists, dental care professionals and governments are trying to work out the optimum way in which dental care can resume, while ensuring the safety of patients, staff and the community. The volume of information that is coming out can be challenging to navigate for the practising dentist and this webinar will provide practical and evidence based guidance for the safe return to practice.
This webinar has been developed in particular for dentists and dental care professionals practising outside the UK, with the opportunity to address the most popular and relevant questions, and is being hosted in association with the Faculty of General Dental Practice, Sri Lankan Dental Association, Kenya Dental Association, Prodental CPD and the Nepal Dental Association.
The Panel members are from the task group which developed the recent FGDP(UK)-CGDent guidelines, Implications of COVID-19 for the safe management of general dental practice, and several have experience of dental practice in South Asia.
- Dr George Jacob, Aesthetic Dentist Endodontist
- Dr Abhi Pal, GDP, Chair of the FGDP(UK) Professional Affairs Committee and Past Vice-Dean of FGDP(UK)
- Dr Mick Horton, GDP, Trustee of the College of General Dentistry and Past Dean of FGDP(UK)
- Dr Andy Edwards, Consultant in Oral and Maxillo-Facial Surgery and Vice President of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Prof Phil Taylor, Professor in Prosthodontics at the University of London and Dean Elect of the Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Dr Chet Trivedy, Consultant in Accident and Emergency Medicine
To register, follow this link.
Participants will be invited to submit two questions on registering, and the most popular questions will be selected for the panel to answer.