Recorded webinar, Monday 28 February 2022, 7pm.
CGDent members and ProDental subscribers have free access to the recorded webinar and can claim CPD hours for free. A £20 fee will apply for non-members/non-subscribers who wish to claim CPD.
In conjunction with the Central Sterilising Club, this webinar examines how we can promote sustainability in dentistry and healthcare, addressing issues such as disposable single use items and the efficacy of decontamination and reuse on site. The current disposal of items across healthcare is not sustainable and we need to change our practices to ensure that reuse and reduce are the principles to reduce waste. Yet, there are other considerations including infection control, the ongoing risk to patients as well procurement and transport to and from our places of work.
This webinar sets out to investigate the effect of healthcare on climate change and how nurses can adopt more sustainable nursing practices. We examine how improving sustainability through reusable PPE can reduce the pressure and costs on the NHS and improve the planet, and consider how embedding sustainability within a dental practice can support and advocate change in dentistry.
- John Prendergast, Senior Decontamination Engineer at NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership/Specialist Estates Services
- Ian Mills FCGDent, former Dean FGDP(UK) and a Trustee of CGDent
- Abhi Pal FCGDent, President of CGDent
- Rose Gallagher MBE, Professional Lead Infection Prevention and Control at Royal College of Nursing
- Alexis Percival, Environmental and Sustainability Manager, Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Brett Duane, Associate Professor in Dental Public Health, Trinity College, Dublin
- Dr Jimmy Walker, Independent Microbiological and Decontamination Consultant
This webinar is part of the partnership between the College of General Dentistry (CGDent) and ProDental CPD.
Membership of the College of General Dentistry is open to all registered dental professionals. Membership for dentists is available from £94, and for other registered dental professionals from £33. The full list of CGDent membership rates is at https://cgdent.uk/membership-fees/.