CGDent recorded webinar, Tuesday 21 March 2023
This CGDent webinar will explore the volunteering culture within Dentistry and the evidence base behind effective volunteering. We will share the experiences of volunteers who have practiced both in the UK and overseas and hear from those on the receiving end of a volunteer programme. We’ll also discuss how you can get involved in volunteering.
- Dr Ben Atkins, immediate past president of the Oral Health Foundation and General Dental Practitioner
- Dr Natalie Bradley, currently completing specialist training in Special Care Dentistry including the oral health of socially excluded groups such as those experiencing homelessness
- Dr Linda Greenwall, Prosthodontist and Specialist in Restorative Dentistry and founder of the Dental Wellness Trust Charity
- Dr Vicky & Dr Nigel Milne, Co-Founders and Co-Directors of Smileawi
- Frances Robinson AssocFCGDent, Dental Hygienist & Oral Health Practitioner, Vice Chair of CGDent’s Inaugural Board of the Faculty of Dental Hygiene and Therapy and dental volunteer
- Ian Wilson, founder of Bridge2Aid and the Hope Dental Centre in Tanzania
CPD approx 1.5 hours
This webinar is hosted by the College of General Dentistry and powered by our CPD delivery partner, ProDental CPD – watch the recording below.
It was free to view live for all dental professionals, and College members also have free access to the recorded webinar and can claim CPD hours for free. A £20 fee will apply for non-members who wish to claim CPD.
Membership of the College of General Dentistry is open to all registered dental professionals. Membership for dentists is available from £94, and for other registered dental professionals from £33. The full list of CGDent membership rates is at https://cgdent.uk/membership-fees/.