Monday 1 November 2021, 7pm, live webinar.
This webinar is part of our ‘PDJ Live’ series, which examines topics covered in contemporary issues of the Primary Dental Journal, the College of General Dentistry’s quarterly peer-reviewed member journal for the whole dental team.
It is one of three events exploring the subjects of the papers in the June 2021 issue on leadership and professionalism, and convenes some of the authors, together with a range of other voices from across the profession, to discuss aspects of the theme of women in dentistry.
The issue features a paper entitled Reaching a female majority: a silent transition for dentistry in the United Kingdom, and we will be examining the issue of gender balance within the UK dental professions. Inspired by the article on COVID-19, leadership and gender equality: preparing for the challenges ahead, we’ll also be considering the continuing inequality of women in leadership roles and dental specialties, the challenges for women in dentistry and how to make positive change.
CGDent members interested in reading the articles ahead of the webinar will find both in their print copy of the June issue, or can read them online by logging in to the CGDent website and visiting https://cgdent.uk/primary-dental-journal-member-only/. Non-members can access the first paper via the title link above as it has been made free-to-view online. Other papers can be rented or purchased, and non-members also have the option to take out an annual subscription.
Mick Horton, Guest Editor of the June 2021 issue of the Primary Dental Journal
- Jennifer Gallagher, Dean for International Affairs, Kings College London / Honorary Consultant in Dental Public Health & co-author of Reaching a female majority: a silent transition for dentistry in the United Kingdom
- Laura Gartshore, Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry, University of Liverpool
- Sara Hurley, Chief Dental Officer, England
- Eimear Keenan, President, Association of Dental Implantology
- Ian Mills, former Dean of FGDP(UK) & co-author of COVID-19, leadership and gender equality: preparing for the challenges ahead
- Omo Okonkwo, Award-Winning General and Cosmetic Dentist / Transformational Coach
- Charlotte Stilwell, President, International Team for Implantology / Specialist Prosthodontist
To register for the event, please visit: https://www.prodentalcpd.com/webinars/p139-women-in-dentistry-
The event will be free to view live for all members of the dental professions. CGDent members and ProDental subscribers can claim CPD hours for free and have access to the recording after the event. A £20 fee will apply for non-members/non-subscribers who wish to claim CPD.
Membership of the College of General Dentistry is open to all registered dental professionals. Membership for dentists is available from £94, and for other registered dental professionals from £33. The full list of CGDent membership rates is at https://cgdent.uk/membership-fees/.