Monday 1 November 2021, webinar recording available
This webinar is part of our ‘PDJ Live’ series, which examines topics covered in contemporary issues of the Primary Dental Journal, the College of General Dentistry’s quarterly peer-reviewed member journal for the whole dental team.
It is one of three events exploring the subjects of the papers in the June 2021 issue on leadership and professionalism, and convenes some of the authors, together with a range of other voices from across the profession, to discuss aspects of the theme of women in dentistry.
The issue features a paper entitled Reaching a female majority: a silent transition for dentistry in the United Kingdom, and we examine the issue of gender balance within the UK dental professions. Inspired by the article on COVID-19, leadership and gender equality: preparing for the challenges ahead, we also consider the continuing inequality of women in leadership roles and dental specialties, the challenges for women in dentistry and how to make positive change.
CGDent members interested in reading the articles ahead of the webinar will find both in their print copy of the June issue, or can read them online by logging in to the CGDent website and visiting https://cgdent.uk/primary-dental-journal-member-only/. Non-members can access the first paper via the title link above as it has been made free-to-view online. Other papers can be rented or purchased, and non-members also have the option to take out an annual subscription.
Mick Horton, Guest Editor of the June 2021 issue of the Primary Dental Journal
- Jennifer Gallagher, Dean for International Affairs, Kings College London / Honorary Consultant in Dental Public Health & co-author of Reaching a female majority: a silent transition for dentistry in the United Kingdom
- Laura Gartshore, Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry, University of Liverpool
- Sara Hurley, Chief Dental Officer, England
- Eimear Keenan, President, Association of Dental Implantology
- Ian Mills, former Dean of FGDP(UK) & co-author of COVID-19, leadership and gender equality: preparing for the challenges ahead
- Omo Okonkwo, Award-Winning General and Cosmetic Dentist / Transformational Coach
- Charlotte Stilwell, President, International Team for Implantology / Specialist Prosthodontist
CGDent members and ProDental subscribers have access to the recording of this event, and can claim CPD hours, free of charge. A £20 fee applies for non-members/non-subscribers.
This webinar is part of the new partnership between the College of General Dentistry (CGDent) and ProDental CPD.
Membership of the College of General Dentistry is open to all registered dental professionals. Membership for dentists is available from £94, and for other registered dental professionals from £33. The full list of CGDent membership rates is at https://cgdent.uk/membership-fees/.